Dr. Ashwani Kumar is an Assistant Professor in the School of Mechanical Engineering at KIIT Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar. He has completed Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad and Master of Technology (Mechatronics) from the Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur. Kumar has completed Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) from University Institute of Technology, Barkatullah University, Bhopal. He also possesses a keen interest in R&D projects and industrial consultancy. His research interests include Tribology, Condition Monitoring, Oil Analysis, Wear Debris Analysis, Vibration Analysis, and Mechatronics. He has authored/co-authored several papers in refereed journals of repute. He has also presented number of articles in various national & international conferences in India and abroad. He is a certified Level II Machine Lubricant Analyst (ISO 18436-4, II) from International Council for Machinery Lubrication, USA.
Scopus Id :
Google Scholar :
Tribology, Condition Monitoring, Lubrication and Mechatronics.
Awards & Honours
"Most Promising Young Researcher Award" at All India Seminar on Major Advances and substantial Development in Lubricant Domain (2018), organized by TATA Steel Ltd.
1. Tribology Society of India. 2. International Council for Machinery Lubrication (ICML), USA
1. Kumar, A., & Ghosh, S. K. (2019). Size distribution analysis of wear debris generated in HEMM engine oil for reliability assessment: A statistical approach. Measurement, 131, 412-418.
2. Kumar, A., & Ghosh, S. K. (2018). Size distribution analysis of wear particles in the transmission system of mining equipment. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology, 232(8), 921-926.
3. Kumar, A., Kumar, R., and & Ghosh, S. K. (2016). Wear Analysis of Mine Equipment. Journal of Mines, Metals & Fules.
4. Kumar, A., & Ghosh, S. K. (2016). Oil condition monitoring for HEMM–a case study. Industrial Lubrication and Tribology.
1. Kumar, A., & Ghosh, S. K. (2018). Lube Oil Condition Monitoring of Industrial Equipment. All India seminar on Major advances and sustainable developments in lubrication domain, organized jointly by Tata Steel Ltd., NLGI and I.E. (India).
2. Kumar, A., Kumar, C., & Ghosh, S. K. (2018). The Influence of Graphene nanoparticles on tribological properties of used oil. NanoGoa: Nanoscale Effects in Macrotribology. Goa, India.
3. Kumar, A., Kumar, C., & Ghosh, S. K. (2017). Condition Monitoring of Mine Equipment Using Lube oil Analysis. 9th International Conference on Industrial Tribology (ICIT). Kolkata, India.
4. Kumar, A., & Ghosh, S. K. (2017). Wear Debris Size Distribution Analysis in Used Engine Oil. 6th European Conference on Tribology. Ljubljana, Slovenia.
5. Kumar, A., & Ghosh, S. K. (2016). Condition Monitoring of Mine Equipment by Ferrography. ALL INDIA SEMINAR ON ADVANCES IN MINE TRANSPORT SYSTEM. Organized by The Institution of Engineers (India), Dhanbad Local Centre under the aegis of Mining Engineering Division, IEI in association with DGMS Dhanbad at BCCL Community Hall, Koyla Nagar, Dhanbad, India.
6. Thakur, M. K., Kumar, R., Kumar, A., & Ghosh, S. K. (2015). Fractal Dimension Computing Methods: A Review. 2nd National Conference on Mining Equipment: New Technologies, Challenges and Applications (MENTCA), Dept. of Mining Machinery Engineering, ISM Dhanbad, India.
7. Gupta, N., Kumar, A., & Ghosh, S. K. (2014). Lubricating oil analysis of coal mining equipment using analytical ferrography and FESEM. National Conference on Advances in Thermal Engineering. ISM Dhanbad, India.