Prakash Kumar Sahu
Dr Prakash Kumar Sahu was working as a Post Doctorate Fellow at the Tsinghua University (World QS Rank 15, THE Rank 10 and Asia Rank 1) from 2018 to 2020. He received his bachelor in 2009 from VSSUT (UCE) Burla and Master degree in 2011 from IIEST Shibpur. He received Doctorate degree in 2017 from Mechanical Engineering Department of IIT Guwahati, India. He has 4 years teaching experience including 10 years experience in research. He has published more than 20 reputed Journals and Conferences with 7 h-index, 200 Scopus citations and 250 Google scholar citations. Two of his research papers have been cited as Science Direct Top 25. From July 2017 Dr. Sahu serving for KIIT University till date.
Scopus Id :
Google Scholar :
Post-Doctoral (Tsinghua University, QS Rank 15, Asia 1) PhD (IIT Guwahati)
• Solid State Alloying • Ceramic and Composites Material • Similar and Dissimilar Material Joining (Mg, Al, Steel, Cu) • LASER micro-joining • Metallurgy and Materials Characterization • Optimization of Manufacturing Processes • Additive Manufacturing • 3D Printing
International Relation Activity
Awards & Honours
- Shortlisted as postdoctoral Fellow at Gifu University 2017. - Full time Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 at Tsinghua University. - Received second prize in Prob-o-Design at UCE Burla. - Received third prize in tech quiz at UCE Burla.
Reviewer of: 1. Journal Materials Science and Engineering A, 2. Journal of Materials Processing and Technology, 3. Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, 4. Springer Nature Applied Sciences, 5. Journal of Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A. 6. Journal of Magnesium and Alloys , 7. Tribology International
1. Prakash Kumar Sahu and Sukhomay Pal, Multi-response optimization of process parameters in friction stir welded AM20 magnesium alloy by Taguchi grey relational analysis. Journal of Magnesium and Alloys (Elsevier), vol. 3, pp. 36-46, January 2015. Impact Factor: 4.52 (ISSN No. 2213-9567,http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jma.2014. 12.002)
2. Prakash Kumar Sahu, Sukhomay Pal, Surjya K. Pal and Rahul Jain, Inﬂuence of plate position, tool offset and tool rotational speed on mechanical properties and microstructures of dissimilar Al/Cu friction stir welding joints. Journal of Material Processing Technology (Elsevier), vol. 235, pp. 55-67, April 2016. Impact Factor: 4.17. (ISSN No. 0924-0136, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2016.04.014)
3. Prakash Kumar Sahu, Kanchan Kumari, Sukhomay Pal and Surjya K. Pal, Hybrid fuzzy-grey-Taguchi based multi weld quality optimization of Al/Cu dissimilar friction stir welded joints, Advances in Manufacturing (Springer), vol. 4(3), pp. 237-247, September 2016. Impact Factor: 1.6 (ISSN No. 2195-3597, DOI 10.1007/s40436-016-0151-8)
4. Prakash Kumar Sahu and Sukhomay Pal, Influence of Metallic Foil Alloying by FSW Process on Mechanical Properties and Metallurgical Characterization of AM20 Mg Alloy, Material Science and Engineering A(Elsevier), vol. 684, pp. 442-455, January 2017.Impact Factor:4.08,(ISSN No.0921-5093, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/ j.msea.2016.12. 081
5. Prakash Kumar Sahu and Sukhomay Pal, Mechanical Properties of Dissimilar Thickness Aluminium Alloy weld by Single/Double Pass FSW, Journal of Material Processing Technology, (Elsevier), vol. 243, pp. 442-455, January 2017. Impact Factor: 4.17(ISSN No.0924-0136,http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2017.01.009)
6. Prakash Kumar Sahu, Sukhomay Pal and Surjya K. Pal, Al/Cu Dissimilar FSW with Ni, Ti and Zn Foil as Interlayer for Flow Control, Enhancing Mechanical and Metallurgical Properties, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, (Springer), vol. 48A, pp. 3300-3317, May 2017. Impact Factor: 1.98. (ISSN No. 1073-5623, DOI: 10.1007/s11661-017-4093-y)
7. Prakash Kumar Sahu and Sukhomay Pal, Effect of FSW Parameters on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of AM20 welds, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, (Taylor and Francis) vol. 33 (3), pp. 288-298, January 2018. Impact Factor: 3.35 (ISSN No. 1042-6914, https://doi.org/10.1080/10426914. 2017.1279295)
8. Prakash Kumar Sahu, Nikhil P Vasudevan, Bipul Das and Sukhomay Pal. Assessment of Self-Reacting Bobbin Tool Friction Stir Welding For Joining AZ31 Magnesium Alloy at Inert Gas Environment"". Journal of Magnesium and Alloys, (Elsevier), vol.7, pp. 661-671, December 2019. Impact Factor: 4.52. (ISSN No. 2213-9567, )
9. Prakash Kumar Sahu, Sukhomay Pal and Qingyu Shi. Effect of Solid Solution Phase Constitution on Dissimilar Al/Cu FSW Using Zn as an Alloying Element at the Joint Interface, SN Applied Sciences, (Springer Nature), vol. 1:1659, Nov 2019. (ISSN No. 2523-3971, DOI: 10.1007/s42452-019-1708-5).
10. Prakash Kumar Sahu, Jayashree Das, Gaoqiang Chen, Qu Liu, Sukhomay Pal, Shenbo Zeng and Qingyu Shi, Friction Stir Selective Alloying of Different Al% Particulate Reinforced to AZ31 Mg for Enhanced Mechanical and Metallurgical Properties, Material Science and Engineering A(Elsevier), vol. 774, 138889, January 2020. Impact Factor: 4.08, (ISSN No.0921-5093), https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.msea.2019.138889.
11. Prakash K Sahu, Sudesh Singh, Gaoqiang Chen, Liu Yijun, Shuai Zhang, Qingyu Shi, Wear Behavior of the Friction Stir Alloyed AZ31 Mg at Different Volume Fractions of Al Particles Reinforcement and its Enhanced Quality Attributes, Tribology International, (Elsevier), vol. 146, 106268, July 2020. Impact Factor: 3.51, (ISSN No. 0301-679X), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.triboint.2020.106268.
1. Prakash Kumar Sahu and Sukhomay Pal, Parametric influence on the micro-hardness of the friction stir welded AM20 magnesium alloy, International Conference COPEN-8, December 13 to 15, 2013, NIT Calicut, Kerla, India, pp 486-491.
2. Biswajit Parida, Prakash Kumar Sahu and Sukhomay Pal, Effect of process parameter and toll geometry on micro-hardness of friction stir welded joints. International Conference COPEN-8, 2013, December 13 to 15, 2013, NIT Calicut, Kerla, India, pp 475-480.
3. Prakash Kumar Sahu and Sukhomay Pal, Optimization of process parameters on influencing mechanical properties of friction stir welded AM20 magnesium alloy, IIW-IC-2014, 9-11 April 2014, New Delhi, pp 718-723.
4. Prakash Kumar Sahu and Sukhomay Pal, Effect of shoulder diameter and plunging depth on mechanical properties and the thermal history of friction stir welded magnesium alloy. AIMTDR, IIT Guwahati, pp. 12 Dec 2014.
5. Prakash Kumar Sahu, Vivek Kumar and Sukhomay Pal, Influence of process parameters on the Micro-Hardness and Macro/Micro-Structural analysis of FSW Dissimilar Al/Cu Metals, ICMMSA-NIT Allahabad, 22 Dec 2014.
6. Prakash Kumar Sahu and Sukhomay Pal, Fatigue life behaviour of single and double pass friction stir welded dissimilar thickness AA1050 joint, AIMTDR, College of Engineering, Pune, Maharashtra, India. 16 Dec 2016.