Student Achievement and Awards
Student Participation in Outside Events
WINNERS OF FORMULA GREEN-2019
(Feb 23-27, 2019)
Students of KIIT Deemed University team “Skyline Racing” at Buddh International Circuit, India Endurance-1st
- Skid pad-1st
Overall -1st position in Formula Green 2019, at Buddha international circuit, greater Noida
Human Powered Vehicle Challenge- 2019
(Feb 3-4, 2019) Overall 3rd
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, TeamKetav
Men’s Speed Event: 2ndKalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Team Ketav
Endurance: 1stKalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Team Ketav
KPIT Sparkle, 2017
(Most popular Project Award)
Project on Exhaust Gas Emission Control device using Plasma Technology results less electric power consumption with no harmful gases discharged in the environment.
19.02.2017: Ravi Pandit, Co-founder, Chairman & Group CEO, KPIT, Dr. Mashelkar, Chairman of the Innovation Committee, KPIT in the presence of Shri Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister for Human Resources Development (HRD), INDIA giving “Most Popular Project Award” to students of KIIT University.
EFFICYCLE (Year 2016)
2015- Best in Design, Best in Innovations, 2nd in endurance and overall 2nd in elite karting held at Bhopal.
2016- Best in innovations and Best in design presentation and overall 4th in vayuputra karting held at Bangalore.
2017- Best in acceleration in international karting championship, LPU Punjab.
Best driver and 2nd in endurance and overall 4th rank in All India Racing Championship (AIRC), Pune.
2nd Vehicle: PHOENIX 20
SURA SAEINDIA 2015, Madras Motor Race Track, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- 2nd in Virtual Preliminary Round among 167 teams.
- 1st in Fuel Economy.
- Best Pit Award.
- 2nd in Endurance race.
- 3rd – Overall Rank in India.
PHOENIX 15 v2.0
FSI 2016, Buddha International Circuit, New Delhi
- 2nd in Real case scenario (cost report).
- 7th overall in cost report.
- Two students won 1st and 2nd prize in Manufacturing Today competition held in BBSR showcasing their projects.
- Two team participated KPIT-sparkle 2018 student innovation competition on solar energy harvesting with ultra-capacitor and hydrogen electric hybrid vehicle and stood within Top 15 held in Pune, 2018.
- Enduro ATV competition held in Coimbatore and stood 3rd position in 2018.
- Juggarhunt Racing won 1st prize in weight pulling and awarded 80,000/- in Mahindra BAJA SAE event, 2018.
- Team Ketav participated HPVC competition conducted by ASME in Jaypore and won 2nd prize in Endurance event.
- Student participated in SAE Aero design competition, Anna University and got 1st prize in Innovation.
- ICMPC-2018 (41 Paper presented by faculty & student and published in “Materials Today: Proceedings”, Elsevier) Indexed in “SCOPUS & Web of Science” (Conference proceedings citation index).
- ICMPC-2019 (27 Paper presented by faculty & student and accepted for publication in “Materials Today: Proceedings”, Elsevier) Indexed in “SCOPUS & Web of Science” (Conference proceedings citation index).
Student’s Published/Filed Patent
- One of our B.Tech Students Mr. Goutam Dutta, published a Indian Patent on “Exhaust Air Purification System”.
Date of filing : 02/11/2013 (File No: 501/KOL/2013 )
Date of Publication: 26/08/2016
- Two of our B.Tech Students Mr. Amal Pushp and Mr. Kumar Satyam filed a Indian Patent on “System and method to get maximum input/output in an electrical/electronic system”.
Date of filing : 22/04/2018 (File No: 201831015212)
Innovative Student Project presented at TITAN
An innovative idea project of Mr. Akhilesh Kumar Dixit, a student of School of Mechanical Engineering got selected through 3-round selection process by the Titan Company for the final demonstration at the Company premises, Watch Division, Hosur, Tamil Nadu on 17th March 2018.
Their idea demonstrated the transformation in the material used in the conventional wrist watch making process.
Only 36 ideas were shortlisted from around 550 valid nominations received from various
prestigious institutions across the country, after several elimination rounds.
Final Year Student Best Project, 2019
(KIIT Innovation Award-Nano Satellite Structured, Thermal & Micro Pulsed Plasma Thruster)
An innovative project of Final year students, School of Mechanical Engineering (Design and Analysis of KIIT student Nano-satellites structured, Thermal & Micro pulsed plasma thruster) got 1st Prize (KIIT Innovation Award, 2019) out of 5 best projects from all schools of KIIT.
Student Awards & Recognitions
|Event & Place||Student (s) Name/No||Achievement|
|Indian Administration Service (IAS)-9th Rank||Suman Sourav Mohanty||9th Rank (AIR)|
|Indian Youth Science Congress, KIIT University||Akhilesh Dewangan||Best Poster Presentation|
|Indian parliament simulation, CII (Cochin, Kerala)||Varinder Singh||1st Prize|
|Aero quiz, HAL (Sunabeda, Odisha)||Utpal Kairan & Shubham Chandra||1st Prize|
|Bridge making, NIT, Rourkela, Odisha||Kaushik Roy & Kumar Abhishek||2nd Prize|
|Robo War, IIT, Delhi||Chinmay Biswal||2nd Prize|
|Essay Competition, Competition Science Review||Sandeep Kumar||1st Prize|
|ANVESAN 2013, Ministry of Science and Technology||Nipanjan Nayak||1st Prize|
|BRYAIR AWARDS, Mumbai||Debjyoti Gowswami & Harsh||Awarded|
|Studentovation poster presentation, ARAI, Pune||Gautam Dutta||1st Prize|
|The Global summit 2012, Olympic East London||Sandeep Kumar||Scholarship|
|SOLAR BOAT, MSME Trade Fare||25 students||Bestovative Award|
|BAJA SAE Competition, Indore||25 students||1st Prize in 3D Modelling|
|EFFICYCLE, UIET, Chandigarh||10 students||37 AIR|
|Aero 360 DBF, Hyderabad||14 students||1st Prize in Design|
|SUPRA SAEINDIA Competition, Chennai||25 students||5th AIR|
|SAE AERO DESIGN WEST, California||18 students||1st Amongst Indian Teams|
|ASME HPVC, IIT Delhi||20 students||3rd Prize in Design|
|SAE AERODESIGN EAST, Cummings, Georgia||18 students||10th Prize in Design|
|AIAA DBF, Wischita, USA||12 students||47th International Rank|
|BAJA.STUDENT.INDIA, Jamshedpur||47 students||2nd in Weight Pulling, 10 AIR|
|ISIE ESVC, Ambala||25 students||2nd in Virtuals|
|Go-KART, Bhopal||25 students||Best Design &ovation Award|
|MICROHUNT, IIT, Kanpur||25 students||3rd Prize|
|MICROHUNT, IIT, Kanpur||25 students||3rd Prize|
|ASME HPVC 2016, VIT, India||08 students||2nd Prize Overall|