About School of Mechanical Engineering
School of Mechanical Engineering, established in the year 1997, produces graduates who can meet the rapidly changing needs of industry which demand new skills. Current consultancy and research & development areas of the School include residual stresses in fusion welded structure, surface finish optimization by high pressure impingement cooling and CAD modelling. Material processing technology, cleaner manufacturing technology, renewable energy, automotive engineering and quality engineering & management are the other areas of interest. Research and development efforts of the School are supported by bodies like AICTE and DST, Govt. of India.
Listed below are the salient features:
- The School of Mechanical Engineering imparts cutting-edge skills through teaching, R&D and industrial consultancy, in frontier areas of Computer Science, Communication Engineering, Systems Engineering and Information Technology.
- The well-qualified faculty members ensure understanding of fundamental concepts with a view to lay a strong foundation.
- Students are trained in current technologies, analytical problem solving and product design skills to be employable in the industry.
- The pedagogy is designed such that students are able to connect theory with application and motivated to applying the same in furthering their careers.
- The School has strategically partnered with industry to update its syllabus, introduce industry based electives and facilitate students’ internship at industry for skill development.
- It has established Centre of Excellence in collaboration with industry for various research and training purposes.
- The value addition training and career augmentation services prepare students to meet expectations of industry demands.
- The syllabi of UG programs in diverse areas of Computer Science include core subjects as well as electives under department, institute, open and industry categories, subjects including the core subjects of science and technology.
School of Mechanical Engineering produces graduates who can meet the rapidly changing needs of industry which demand new skills. It has an ambience and specialized laboratories for Research and Development. Even undergraduate students get opportunity to involve themselves in high-end research work to build skills beyond curriculum. In addition to classes, the School organizes regular Visiting Lectures delivered by Industry Experts and arranges industrial visits for both faculty and students.
To deliver world-class education and research in Mechanical Engineering, with particular regard to their application in industry, healthcare and commerce in a diverse society.
To prepare students for professional career, higher studies or entrepreneurship.
To facilitate students to utilize fundamental technical knowledge and skills in Mechanical engineering, to analyze and solve problems, and apply these abilities to generate new knowledge, ideas or products in academia, industry or government.
To encourage and facilitate students, to involve themselves in high end research work through continuous learning, to build skills beyond curriculum.
To integrate training in engineering principles, critical thinking, hands-on projects, open-ended problem solving to build up creative abilities and research spirit.
To impart the essential skills of leadership, teamwork, communication and ethics so that they can interact and communicate effectively (written and/or oral) with others (e.g., supervisor, client and/or team).
To engage students with alumni, industry, government, and community partners through outreach activities in order to inculcate global perception.