Dr. Amlana Panda is working as an assistant professor (II) of School of Mechanical Engineering at KIIT Deemed to be University. He has received Ph.D. (Mechanical Engg.) in December 2016 and M.Tech. (Manufacturing Processes and System) in 2009 from Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar. He has sixteen years of experience in steel plant consultancy and auto ancillary industrial sector as well as academic after obtaining a Bachelor of Engg.(Mechanical) in 2002 with Distinction. He performed as session chair in International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterization (ICMPC) 2019 & 2020 and ICAMME, KIIT, Bhubaneswar in 2019. His research work specifically focuses on machining of hardened steel and aerospace alloys in various cutting environment and their performance measures. He is a co-author of two books entitled 'Basic Manufacturing Process' and 'Introduction to Physical Metallurgy and Engineering Materials' India Tech Publishing company. He is the life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE). He attended Short Term Courses on Recent Advances in Material Characterization, Materials Processing and Optimization, and Artficial Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTR), Chandigarh.
Scopus Id :
Google Scholar :
Ph.D. (Mechanical Engg.)
Hard Machining, Machining Performances of materials, Performance analysis on coated carbide, and uncoated cutting tool in machining using various working environments. (Dry, Minimum Quantity Lubrication, pulsed MQL & Nanofluid MQL), Vibration techniques, and Tool condition monitoring system. Sustainable Manufacturing and Industry 4.0
FIC- Social Media, Student affairs Co-FIC Material Testing Lab, Production Research Lab
Awards & Honours
Session chair of International Conference on “Advances in Mechanical Processing & Design (ICAMPD)”, 18th October-20th October 2019, SME, KIIT, Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar. Chairing technical session (on line) at 11 th ICMPC December - 2020, IIT Indore.
Member (Life), Indian society of Technical Education (ISTE), INDIA.
1. Coordinator- One Week Online Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Advanced Materials (Fabrication, Characterisation, and Applications) from 20-25th July 2020, School of Mechanical Engineering, KIIT Deemed to be University. 2. Chairing the Technical Session in International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterisation (ICMPC) 2019 & 2020. Reviewer of following Journals : 1. Indian Journal of Engineering and Materials Sciences (IJEMS) 2. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (JESTEC) 3. Production, Brazilian Association of Production Engineering 4. Multidiscipline Modeling in Materials and Structures, Emerald 5. International Journal of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering (IJAME) 6. Materials Today: Proceedings - Journal – Elsevier 7. Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
1. Panda, A., Sahoo A. K., Panigrahi I., Rout, A.K. (2020).Prediction models for on-line cutting tool and machined surface condition monitoring during hard turning considering vibration signal, Mechanics, and Industry. Accepted (SCI/SCOPUS/WOS), [IF: 0.8].
2. Swain, P. K., Mohapatra, K. D., Das, R., Sahoo, A. K., & Panda, A. (2020). Experimental investigation into characterization and machining of Al+ SiCp nano-composites using coated carbide tool. Mechanics & Industry, 21(3), 307. SCI/SCOPUS/WOS), [IF: 0.747].
3. Panda, A., Sahoo, A.K., Rout A.K. (2016) “Investigations on surface quality characteristics with multi-response parametric optimization and correlations”, Alexandria Engineering Journal, 55, 1625-1633, (SCI/SCOPUS/WOS) IF [3.696].
4. Sahoo A.K., Panda A., Nayak B.B., Kumar, R., Das, Nayak R. K. (2020) Machinability model and multiresponse optimization of process parameters through regression and utility concept, International Journal of Process Management and Benchmarking, DOI: 10.1504/IJPMB.2020.10021147, (Forthcoming article) (Scopus/WOS).
5. Swain, S., Panigrahi, I., Sahoo, A.K., Panda A., Kumar. R, (2020) Effect of Tool Vibration on Flank Wear and Surface Roughness During High-Speed Machining of 1040 Steel. J Fail. Anal. and Preven., Springer 20, 976–994. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11668-020-00905-x (Scopus/WOS)
6. Kumar, R., Modi, A., Panda, A., Sahoo, A. K., Deep, A., Behera, P. K., & Tiwari, R. (2019). Hard Turning on JIS S45C Structural Steel: An Experimental, Modeling and Optimisation Approach. International Journal of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering, 16, 7315-7340. (ESCI/Scopus/WOS)
7. Panda, A., Sahoo, A. K., Panigrahi, I., & Rout, A. K. (2018). Investigating machinability in hard turning of AISI 52100 bearing steel through performance measurement: QR, ANN, and GRA study. International Journal of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering, 15, 4935-4961. (ESCI/Scopus/WOS)
8. Panda, A., Sahoo, A. K., & Rout, A. K. (2017). Machining performance assessment of hardened AISI 52100 steel using multilayer coated carbide
insert. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 12(6), 1488-1505. (ESCI/Scopus/WOS)
9. Panda, A., Sahoo, A., & Rout, A. (2017). Statistical regression modeling and machinability study of hardened AISI 52100 steel using cemented carbide insert. International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, 8(1), 33-44. (ESCI/Scopus)
10. Panda, A., Sahoo, A., & Rout, R. (2016). Multi-attribute decision making parametric optimization and modeling in hard turning using ceramic insert through grey relational analysis: A case study. Decision Science Letters, 5(4), 581-592. (Scopus)
1. Panda, A., Sahoo, A. K., Kumar, R., & Das, D. (2020). A concise review of uncertainty analysis in metal machining. Materials Today: ProceedingsMaterials Today: Proceedings, 26, (2) 1734-1739 (Scopus/WOS)
2. Bag, R, Panda A., Sahoo, A.K. and Kumar, R. (2020) A brief study on the effects of nano cutting fluids in hard turning of AISI 4340 steel. Materials Today: Proceedings, 26, (2) 3094-3099. (Scopus/WOS)
3. Panda, A., Sahoo, A. K., Kumar, R., & Das, R. K. (2020). A review on machinability aspects for AISI 52100 bearing steel. Materials Today: Proceedings, 23 (3) 617-621. (Scopus/WOS)
4. Mishra, R. R., Kumar, R., Sahoo, A. K., & Panda, A. (2020). Machinability behavior of biocompatible Ti-6Al-4V ELI titanium alloy under flood cooling environment. Materials Today: Proceedings, 23 (3) 536-540. (Scopus/WOS)
5. Kar, B. C., Panda, A., Kumar, Ramanuj, Sahoo, A. K. , Mishra. R.R. (2020).Research trends in high-speed milling of metal alloys: A short review. Materials Today: Proceedings 26 (2) 2657-2662 (Scopus/WOS)
6. Panigrahi, R. R., Kumar, R., Panda, A., & Sahoo, A. K. (2019, November). Optimization and Modeling Approaches in Machining of High Temperature Super Alloy Steels: An Overview. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 653, No. 1, p. 012042). IOP Publishing. (Scopus)
7.Panda, A., Sahoo, A. K., Rout, A. K., Kumar, R., & Das, R. K. (2018). Investigation of flank wear in hard turning of AISI 52100 grade steel using multilayer coated carbide and mixed ceramic inserts. Procedia Manufacturing, 20, 365-371. (Scopus)
8. Panda, A., Sahoo, A. K., Rout, A. K., Kumar, R., & Das, R. K. (2018). Investigation of flank wear in hard turning of AISI 52100 grade steel using multilayer coated carbide and mixed ceramic inserts. Procedia Manufacturing, 20, 365-371. (Scopus)
9. Kumar, R., Sahoo, A. K., Das, R. K., Panda, A., & Mishra, P. C. (2018). Modeling of flank wear, surface roughness, and cutting temperature in sustainable hard turning of AISI D2 steel. Procedia Manufacturing, 20, 406-413. (Scopus)
10. Das, R. K., Sahoo, A. K., Mishra, P. C., Kumar, R., & Panda, A. (2018). Comparative machinability performance of heat-treated 4340 steel under dry and minimum quantity lubrication surroundings. Procedia Manufacturing, 20, 377-385. (Scopus)