Gyan Sagar Sinha
With BE in 2011 from University Institute of Technology, Barkatullah University ( A Government Organisation) , Bhopal, and integrated PhD in 2017 November from IIT Guwahati (all in Mechanical Engineering), Dr. Gyan Sagar Sinha joined NIT Uttarakhand as a contractual Faculty in January 2018. He became Assistant Professor (II) in June 2018 in School of Mechanical Engineering, KIIT deemed to be university.
Google Scholar :
PhD ( IIT Guwahati)
Energy Conservation, Porous Media Combustion, Heat Transfer
Awards & Honours
Scholarship through MHRD( During PhD, Through GATE)
Patents: Patent 1: Subhash C. Mishra, P. Muthukumar, Gyan Sagar Sinha, Monikankana Sharma, Niraj Kumar Mishra, P. Mahanta. Self-Aspirated Pressurized Kerosene Cooking Stove with a Porous Radiant Burner, patent application no. 201631037245 (Published) (Funded by TIFAC, Department of Science and Technology). Patent 2: P. Muthukumar, Gyan Sagar Sinha, Lav Kumar Kaushik, Monikankana Sharma, Shanmuga Priya Natesan, S. Kanagaraj. Nanofuel Operated Self-Aspirated Pressurized Kerosene Cooking Stove with a Porous Radiant Burner, patent application no. 201831003156 (Published) Activities: 1. Chaired a session at 2nd International Conference on New Frontiers in Engineering Science& Technology, Feb. 18-22, 2019, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, India. 2. Chaired a session at 9th International Conference on Materials Processing and characterization, March 8-10, 2019, GRIET Hyderabad, India. 3. Convener of “International Conference on Thermofluids” that held on 23-25 January 2020, at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
1. Gyan Sagar Sinha, P Muthukumar (2019), Material Characterization Role in Porous Media Combustion Stability and Performance, Materials Today: Proceedings: ISSN: 2214-7853.
2. Gyan Sagar Sinha P Muthukumar (2019), Study of effects of various parameter on thermal efficiency of porous burner with kerosene pressure stove, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 1240 (012136)
3. Gyan Sagar Sinha, N K Mishra, P Muthukumar, Parametric Analysis Of Porous Burner With Pressure Kerosene Cooking Stove, Third International Conference On Sustainable Energy And Environmental Challenges, Dec 18 –21, 2018 Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India.
4. Gyan Sagar Sinha, N K Mishra, P Muthukumar, Development of kerosene cooking stove with porous radiant burner, Proceedings of the 7th International and 45th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (FMFP) December 10-12, 2018, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India
5. Gyan S Sinha, Lav K. Kaushik, and Muthukumar Palanisamy, A Review on Materials used for Combustion in Porous Radiant Burners, KIIT Thermo 2020, January 23-24, 2020, KIIT University.
6. Gyan S Sinha, Lav K. Kaushik, and Muthukumar Palanisamy, Thermal and emissions Performance of Conventional Pressure Kerosene Cook- stoves with Different Commercial Burners, KIIT Thermo 2020, January 23-24, 2020, KIIT University
7. Lav K. Kaushik, Gyan S Sinha, and Muthukumar Palanisamy, Comparative Assessment of Waste Cooking Oil (WCO) Combustion in Porous Radiant Burner and Free Flame Burner, IHMTC-2019, December 23-31, 2019, IIT Roorkee.
8. Snehasish Panigrahy, Gyan Sagar Sinha and Subhash C. Mishra and P. Muthukumar Analysis of combustion of premixed kerosene –air mixture in a porous radiant burner, Proceedings of the 23rd National Heat and Mass Transfer Conference and 1st International ISHMT-ASTFE Heat and Mass Transfer Conference IHMTC, ISRO Thiruvananthapuram, India, Dec. 17-20, 2015.
9. Prabhakar Zainith, N K Mishra, and Gyan Sagar Sinha Numerical Analysis of Heat Transfer for Non-Newtonian Nanofluids in an Elliptical Annulus at Laminar Flow Condition, Third International Conference On Sustainable Energy And Environmental.