Mantra Prasad Satpathy
Dr. Mantra Prasad Satpathy is currently serving as an Assistant professor (II) in School of Mechanical Engineering, KIIT Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar. He has specialized himself in the field of ‘Materials Joining’ and 10 years of teaching and research experience. He has completed his PhD on “Ultrasonic spot welding of dissimilar metals” in 2017 from National Institute of Technology Rourkela, India. He has guided 2 UG projects, and 2 PG projects. Furthermore, 1 PG and 3 PhD research scholars are currently working under him on various topics related to Advanced Manufacturing field. Dr. Satpathy conferred with various awards from IEI, India for his outstanding contribution in the joining field. He has authored/co-authored 36 peer-reviewed scientific articles in high quality journals as well as 20 international conference proceedings. He also acts as reviewer to many prestigious journals in the manufacturing field. His areas of interest include solid state joining and characterization, development of hybrid joining process for fabrication of Li-ion batteries, simulation and modelling of advanced manufacturing processes, multi-criteria decision making and optimization.
Scopus Id :
Google Scholar :
Solid state joining and characterization, Hybrid welding processes, simulation and modelling of advanced manufacturing processes, multi-criteria decision making and optimization
Co-Faculty Incharge of Advanced Manufacturing Process Lab
Awards & Honours
1.Session Chair in 10 ICMPC 2020 Conference at GLA University, Mathura in 2020 2.Commendable Contribution as Resource Person in FDP-2019 KIIT University in 2019 3.Best Paper Award in ICAIMRE-2019 Conference in 2019 4.Er. Raj Kishore Mohapatra Award in 2019 5.Er. Avaya Chandra Nayak Memorial Award in 2019 6.Ganesh Mishra Memorial Award in 2017 7.Sankarsan Jena Memorial Award in 2016 8.Best Research Scholar and Presentation in 2015 9.Best Student Award in 2010
1. The Institution of Engineers (IE), India 2. Indian Welding Society (IWS), India 3. American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), USA
1. Satpathy, M. P., Patel, B., & Sahoo, S. K. (2019). Exploration of bonding phenomenon and microstructural characterization during high-power ultrasonic spot welding of aluminum to steel sheets with copper interlayer. Ain Shams Engineering Journal, 10(4), 811-819.
2. Das, S., Satpathy, M. P., Pattanaik, A., & Routara, B. C. (2019). Experimental investigation on ultrasonic spot welding of aluminum-cupronickel sheets under different parametric conditions. Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 34(15), 1689-1700.
3. Satpathy, M. P., Mishra, S. B., & Sahoo, S. K. (2018). Ultrasonic spot welding of aluminum-copper dissimilar metals: A study on joint strength by experimentation and machine learning techniques. Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 33, 96-110.
4. Satpathy, M. P., Mohapatra, K. D., & Sahoo, S. K. (2018). Ultrasonic spot welding of Al–Cu dissimilar metals: a study on parametric influence and thermo-mechanical simulation. International Journal of Modelling and Simulation, 38(2), 83-95.
5. Satpathy, M. P., & Sahoo, S. K. (2017). Experimental and numerical studies on ultrasonic welding of dissimilar metals. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 93(5-8), 2531-2545.
6. Satpathy, M. P., Kumar, A., & Sahoo, S. K. (2017). Effect of brass interlayer sheet on microstructure and joint performance of ultrasonic spot-welded copper-steel joints. Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 26(7), 3254-3262.
7. Satpathy, M. P., & Sahoo, S. K. (2017). Mechanical performance and metallurgical characterization of ultrasonically welded dissimilar joints. Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 25, 443-451.
8. Satpathy, M. P., & Sahoo, S. K. (2017). Parametric analysis on plastic deformation of materials during ultrasonic spot welding with different anvil geometries. International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, 31(4), 344-361.
9. Satpathy, M. P., & Sahoo, S. K. (2016). Microstructural and mechanical performance of ultrasonic spot welded Al–Cu joints for various surface conditions. Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 22, 108-114.
10. Satpathy, M. P., Moharana, B. R., Dewangan, S., & Sahoo, S. K. (2015). Modeling and optimization of ultrasonic metal welding on dissimilar sheets using fuzzy based genetic algorithm approach. Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, 18(4), 634-647.
1. Pati, P. R., Satpathy, M. P., Mahanta, T., Das, S., & Das, D. (2020). Experimental investigations on interfacial characterization and mechanical performance of ultrasonic spot welded Al/brass joints. Materials Today: Proceedings.
2. Pati, P. R., Das, S., Satpathy, M. P., Routara, B. C., Sahoo, S. K., & Bhuyan, S. K. (2020). Ultrasonic spot welding of Al-Cu sheets: A comprehensive study. Materials Today: Proceedings.
3. Satpathy, M. P., & Sahoo, S. K. (2016). Ultrasonic spot welding of dissimilar materials: Characterization of welded joints and parametric optimization. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 115(1). https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/115/1/012021
4. Das, S., Satpathy, M. P., Routara, B. C., & Sahoo, S. K. (2020). Microstructural and Joint Analysis of Ultrasonic Welded Aluminum to Cupro-Nickel Sheets for Lithium-Ion Battery Packs. In Materials Science Forum (Vol. 978, pp. 463–469).
5. Mohapatra, S. K., Maity, K., Bhuyan, S. K., & Satpathy, M. P. (2018). Mechanical and Tribological Characteristics of the AMC, Prepared by P/M Route along with Thermo-Mechanical Treatment. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 338, p. 12023).
6. Satpathy, M. P., Mohapatra, K. Das, Sahoo, A. K., & Sahoo, S. K. (2018). Parametric investigation on microstructure and mechanical properties of ultrasonic spot welded aluminium to copper sheets. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 338, p. 12024).