Dr. P.Chandrasekhar is having more than 18 years of professional experience. Dr. P.Chandrasekhar has been actively involved in research and development (R&D) activities in engineering space. He is actively involved in bringing industry orientation to the engineering education system working with several industries. Dr.Sekhar providing service to the industries by sharing his expertise and competence of his experience to solve industrial problems objectively in selected areas of engineering (PLM, CAD, CAM, and CAE), Robotics, and Automation. He is a prolific researcher with commendable knowledge. A great motivator for the student community and a mentor for the colleagues. Teaching with depth and making complex concepts to simpler ones is a trademark. He has demonstrated his research capabilities in terms of research papers published/presented (more than 28 research papers, including Springer, Elsevier, and Conference Proceedings). Currently, his research interest includes High-Temperature Materials, CAD/CAM and CAE, 3DPLM, Smart Digital manufacturing, IoT, AI, CIM, Materials Processing, Advanced Materials, Plasticity, Metal Forming, Powder Technology, Friction-Stir Welding, Response Surface Methodology, Metal Matrix Composites, Polymer Composites, etc. intending to address and convert quickly for the production of a new product by providing customized flexibility, in response to the fluctuating demands in the market. He is a member of many professional societies: ISTE, ISC, FIMech E, etc. Dr. P.Chandrasekhar currently managing the following assignments at his current organization: Associate Dean Training and Placement SME, Program Head, Mechatronics Engineering, Member Board of Studies SME, Member IEC T&P (Industry Engagement Cell), Member of I3C SME, KIIT University, Faculty in charge and coordinator- Training and Placement, CADD learning center, CIM center, Advance simulation lab, Siemens COE center, IOT COE center.
Google Scholar :
High-Temperature Materials, CAD/CAM and CAE, 3DPLM, CIM, Materials Processing, Advanced Materials, Plasticity, Metal Forming, Powder Technology, Friction-Stir Welding, Response Surface Methodology, Metal Matrix Composites, Polymer Composites
Associate Dean Training and Placement SME Program Head, Mechatronics Engineering Member Board of Studies SME Member IEC T&P (Industry Engagement Cell) Member of I3C SME, KIIT University Faculty in charge and coordinator- Training and Placement, CADD learning center, CIM center, Advance simulation lab. FIC and Coordinator Siemens COE center FIC and Coordinator IOT COE center
• Life Member of Indian Science Congress Association • Member, Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE) • Associate Member, Institution of Mechanical Engineers. India • Technical Member, Institution of Mechanical Engineers. India
- Coordinating various events related to Institutional Functions, School Functions like KIIT Fest, Mechanical Society, Robo Society, Automotive Society etc. - Organizing visits of students to various industries Coordinating internships, summer training in various types of industries related to their interest
1. Influence of Dispersoid Content on Compressibility, Sinterability and Mechanical Behaviour of B4C/BN Reinforced Al6061 Metal Matrix Hybrid Composites Fabricated via Mechanical Alloying. In Press
S Chand, P Chandrasekhar, S Roy, S Singh
2. Metals and Materials International, 2020 DOI : https://doi.org/10.1007/s12540-020-00739-0
3. Influence of B4C/BN on solid particle erosion of Al6061 metal matrix hybrid composites fabricated through powder metallurgy technique
In Press S Chand, P Chandrasekhar
Ceramics International, 2020 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2020.04.064, 2020
4. Investigation of erosion behaviour of an iron-mud filled glass-fibre epoxy hybrid composite B Pani, P Chandrasekhar, S Singh
Bulletin of Materials Science 42 (5), 217, 2019
5. Application of box‐behnken design and neural computation for tribo‐mechanical performance analysis of iron‐mud‐filled glass‐fiber/epoxy composite and parametric optimization … B Pani, P Chandrasekhar, S Singh
Polymer Composites 40 (4), 1433-1449, 2019
6. Investigations into deformation characteristics during open-die forging of SiCp reinforced aluminium metal matrix composites D Verma, P Chandrasekhar, S Singh, S Kar
Journal of Powder Technology, 2013
7. Finite Element Simulation of Friction Stir Butt Welding of AA4047 Aluminium Plates
Samir K. Panda, Polymer Chandrasekhar, Saranjit Singh
IRACST–Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal (ESTIJ), ISSN, 2250-3498. 2012
8. Analysis of net-shape closed-die sinter-forging of centrally located cylindrical preforms
Saranjit Singh, PC Sekhar
Canadian Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences 5 (1), 1419-1428, 2011
9. Finite Element Simulation of the Cold Open-Die Forging of Sintered Aluminum Metal Powder Trapezoidal Preforms Saranjit Singh Prof. Polymersetty Chandrasekhar
10.Trends in Mechanical Engineering & Technology 1 (2-3), 18–28, 2011
Investigation of dynamic effects during cold upset-forging of sintered aluminium truncated conical preforms. Chandrasekhar, P., & Singh, S.
Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 211(7), 1285-1295. 2011
11. Finite Element Simulation of Forging of Aluminium Truncated Conical Sintered Preforms.
Shadangi, Y., Chandrasekhar, P., & Singh, S. , Journal of the Institution of Engineers (India), Part PR: Production Engineering Division Volume 92, September 2011
1.Experimental investigations and finite element simulation of cold open-die forging of sintered aluminum trapezoidal preforms. In Press S Chand, P Chandrasekhar, Materials Today: Proceedings, 2020 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.02.237
2. Influence of B4C Particles on Processing and Strengthening Mechanisms in Aluminum Metal Matrix Composites-a Review, S Chand, P Chandrasekhar, RK Sarangi, RK Nayak, Materials Today: Proceedings 18, 5356-5363, 2019
3. Flexural and Specific Wear Rate of Seawater Aged Bamboo, Jute, and Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Hybrid Composites, Pani, P. R., Nayak, R. K., Routara, B. C., & Sekhar, P. C.Materials Today: Proceedings, 18, 3409-3414., 2019
4. B Pani, P Chandrasekhar, S Singh,, A Study on Erosion wear Behavior of Iron-Mud/Glass Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Composite, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 455 (1), 012068, 2018
5. Three-Body Abrasion Wear Behavior of Iron-Mud/Glass Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Composite, B Pani, P Chandrasekhar, S Singh, Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (14), 27845-27851, 2018
6. Analysis of Dynamic Effects during Rotary Forging of Cylindrical Sintered Preforms, S Chand, P Chandrasekhar, S Singh, Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (9), 19313-19320, 2018
7. Investigation of dynamic effects during cold upset-forging of Silicon Carbide particulate reinforced Aluminium metal matrix composite preforms, P Chandrasekhar, S Chand, S Singh, Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (9), 20201-20209, 2018
8.Investigations into Dynamic Effects during Forging of Silicon Carbide Particulate Reinforced LM6 Aluminium Alloy Composite Preforms, International Conference on Advances in Materials and Materials Processing, 2011
9. Analysis of Dynamic Effects during Forging of Cylindrical Sintered Preforms, National Conference on Advances in Simulation & Optimization Techniques in Mechanical Engineering, 18th & 19th February 2012, KIIT University Bhubaneswar, Odisha [Authors: J.Patra, P.Chandrasekhar, S.Singh].
10. Computational Analysis of Deformation Characteristics during Cold-Forging of AMC Preforms, 99th Indian Science Congress, 3rd - 7th January 2012, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha [Authors: S.Kar, P.Chandrasekhar, S.Singh].
11. FEM Simulation, Experimental Investigation and Upper Bound Analysis of Open-Die Forging of Sintered Truncated Conical Preforms of Aluminium Metal Powder, Proceedings of the 3rd International & 24th AIMTDR (All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research) Conference on 13th - 15th December, 2010, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, pp: 1229-1235 [Authors: Y.Shadangi, P.Chandrasekhar, S.Singh].
12. E-Waste Management and Waste Minimization Methodology, National Conference on Eco-friendly Manufacturing for Sustainable Development, 19th - 21st November 2010, GLA University, Mathura, UP [Authors: S.Kar, P.Chandrasekhar, S.Singh].
13. Environmentally-Benign Manufacturing: Some Case Studies of Manufacturing Process, National Conference on Eco-friendly Manufacturing for Sustainable Development, 19th - 21st November 2010, GLA University, Mathura, UP [Authors: A. Pattanaik, P.Chandrasekhar, J. Ghose, S. Singh].