Dr. Anish Pandey has completed his Ph.D. degree in mobile robotics from NIT Rourkela, Odisha, India, in the year of July 2016. His research interests are in Bio-Inspired (Nature-Inspired) Optimization Methods, Fuzzy Logic, Neural Networks, and Evolutionary Algorithms based Mobile Robot Navigation. He has published many papers in Various Journals, Book Chapters, Conference Proceedings, and filed three patents. His Google Scholar citations have been 496 with 13 h-index. He has more than four-year Post Ph.D. experience in teaching and research. Currently, he is working as a Professor (Assistant II) at the School of Mechanical Engineering at KIIT Deemed to be University, An Institute of Eminence, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. He has taught many subjects in UG and PG (Machine Design Branch) like Machine Design, Mechanics of Solids, Engineering Graphics, Finite Element Method, Mechatronics, and Mechanical Vibration. He has guided many M. Tech. students and B. Tech. students. Presently, he is focusing on designing and fabrication of Autonomous Cleaning Robot. Dr. Anish Pandey is the potential reviewer of many prestigious journals like Elsevier, Wiley, Emerald, Springer, SAGE, and ACTA Press. He is the editorial member of the International Journal of Advance Robotics & Expert Systems (JARES), and Artificial Intelligence Advances (AIA) Journals. He has received certificate of outstanding contribution in reviewing from ISA Transaction Elsevier in April 2017.
Scopus Id :
Google Scholar :
B.E., M.E., Ph. D.
Wheeled Robot Navigation and Control, Cleaning robot, Soft Computing Techniques, Optimization algorithm, Micro Robots, Human Robots, Aerial Robots
1. “Tracking of ‘C’ welding seam of LPG cylinder through image/video processing based autonomous sensor-actuator control technique,” 2. “Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV)” from the Corrosion Protective Pvt. Ltd. (CPPL) Industry, Jagatpur, Cuttack-754021.
Faculty Incharge of Mechatronics Lab, Deputy Superintendent (KP-1 Hostel)
Awards & Honours
Received Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing from ISA Transaction Elsevier in April 2017.
Patents: 1. Automated Four-Wheeled Intelligent Stair Climbing Mobile Robot (Application No.: 201631009662), Inventors: Dr. Dayal R. Parhi, Dr. Anish Pandey, Date of Filing: 21-March-2016, Publishing Date: 22-September-2017, Submitted FER on the date of 18-September-2019. 2. An Autonomous Floor Cleaning Robot (Application No.: 201831017005), Inventors: Dr. Anish Pandey, Mr. Abhishek Kumar Kashyap, Dr. Ashok Kumar Sahoo, Dr. Isham Panigrahi, Date of Filing: 04-May-2018, Publishing Date: 08-November-2019. 3. Unmanned Aerial Vehicle with Ground Traversing Capability (Application No.: 201931048949), Inventors: Mr. Shrestha, Dr. Ramanuj Kumar, Dr. Anish Pandey, Mr. Pratik Shashwat, Mr. Abhijeet Mohan, Dr. Ashok Kumar Sahoo, Date of Filing: 28-November-2019. Activities: 1. Editorial Members of the following Journals: International Journal of Advance Robotics & Expert Systems (JARES), and Artificial Intelligence Advances (AIA). 2. Reviewer of the following Journals: ISA Transactions, Elsevier Journal of Industrial Engineering International (JIEI) Springer, International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, International Robotics & Automation Journal MedCrave, Iranian Journal of Fuzzy Systems, Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, ACTA Press, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems (Sage). 3. Conference session chaired at International Conference on Advances in Material and Manufacturing Engineering (ICAMME - 2019), March 15-17, 2019, School of Mechanical Engineering, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar, and International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Processing and Design (ICAMPD), October 18-20, 2019, School of Mechanical Engineering, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar. 4. Expert Lecture Given on “Application of MATLAB Based Soft Computing Techniques in Design Engineering,” June 21-27, 2019, in one-week faculty development program on Instilling Research Outlook for Faculty Empowerment organized by KIIT Deemed to be University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
1. Pandey, A., Panwar, V. S., Hasan, M. E., & Parhi, D. R. (2020). V-REP-based navigation of automated wheeled robot between obstacles using PSO-tuned feedforward neural network. Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, 7, 1-8.
2. Pandey, A., Kashyap, A. K., Parhi, D. R., & Patle, B. K. (2019). Autonomous mobile robot navigation between static and dynamic obstacles using multiple ANFIS architecture. World Journal of Engineering, 16(2), 275-286.
3. Pandey, A., & Parhi, D. R. (2017). Optimum path planning of mobile robot in unknown static and dynamic environments using Fuzzy-Wind Driven Optimization algorithm. Defence Technology, 13(1), 47-58. (IF: 1.261)
4. Pandey, A., & Parhi, D. R. (2016). Autonomous mobile robot navigation in cluttered environment using hybrid Takagi-Sugeno fuzzy model and simulated annealing algorithm controller. World Journal of Engineering, 13(5), 431-440.
5. Pandey, A., & Parhi, D. R. (2016). New algorithm for behaviour-based mobile robot navigation in cluttered environment using neural network architecture. World Journal of Engineering, 13(2): 129-141.
6. Pandey, A., Pandey, S., & Gupta, P. (2017). Intelligent navigation and control of a mobile robot in static and dynamic environments using hybrid fuzzy architecture. International Journal of Autonomic Computing, 2(3), 255-281.
7. Patle, B. K., Pandey, A., Jagadeesh, A., & Parhi, D. R. (2018). Path planning in uncertain environment by using firefly algorithm. Defence technology, 14(6), 691-701. (IF: 1.261)
8. Patle, B. K., Pandey, A., Parhi, D. R. K., & Jagadeesh, A. (2019). A review: On path planning strategies for navigation of mobile robot. Defence Technology, 15(4), 582-606. (IF: 1.261).
9. Tiwari, A. K., Guha, A., & Pandey, A. Dynamic Motion Planning for Autonomous Wheeled Robot using Minimum Fuzzy Rule based Controller with Avoidance of Moving Obstacles. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), 9(1), 4192-4198.
10. Pandey, A., Pandey, S., & Parhi, D. R. (2017). Mobile robot navigation and obstacle avoidance techniques: A review. International Robotics & Automation Journal, 2(3), 1-12.
1. Pandey, A., Sonkar, R. K., Pandey, K. K., & Parhi, D. R. (2014, January). Path planning navigation of mobile robot with obstacles avoidance using fuzzy logic controller. In 2014 IEEE 8th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO) (pp. 39-41). IEEE.
2. Pandey, A., & Parhi, D. R. (2014). MATLAB simulation for mobile robot navigation with hurdles in cluttered environment using minimum rule based fuzzy logic controller. Procedia technology, 14(1), 28-34.
3. Pandey, A., Kumar, S., Pandey, K. K., & Parhi, D. R. (2016). Mobile robot navigation in unknown static environments using ANFIS controller. Perspectives in Science, 8, 421-423.
4. Behera, R. K., Pandey, A., & Parhi, D. R. (2014). Numerical and experimental verification of a method for prognosis of inclined edge crack in cantilever beam based on synthesis of mode shapes. Procedia Technology, 14, 67-74.
5. Mohanty, P. K., Parhi, D. R., Jha, A. K., & Pandey, A. (2013, February). Path planning of an autonomous mobile robot using adaptive network based fuzzy controller. In 2013 3rd IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC) (pp. 651-656). IEEE.
6. Patle, B. K., Patel, B., Pandey, A., Sahu, O., & Parhi, D. R. K. (2019, February). Analysis of Firefly-Fuzzy Hybrid Controller for Wheeled Mobile Robot. In 2019 3rd International Conference on Computing and Communications Technologies (ICCCT) (pp. 187-194). IEEE.
7. Patle, B. K., Jha, A., Pandey, A., Gudadhe, N., & Kashyap, S. K. (2019). The Optimized Path For A Mobile Robot Using Fuzzy Decision Function. Materials Today: Proceedings, 18, 3575-3581.
8. Kashyap, A. K., Lagaza, K. P., & Pandey, A. (2018, July). Dynamic Path Planning for Autonomous Mobile Robot using Minimum Fuzzy Rule Based Controller with Avoidance of Moving Obstacles. In 2018 International Conference on Recent Innovations in Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering (ICRIEECE) (pp. 3330-3335). IEEE.
9. Kashyap, A. K., Pandey, A., Chhotray, A., & Parhi, D. R. (2020). Controlled Gait Planning of Humanoid Robot NAO Based on 3D-LIPM Model. Available at SSRN 3552498.