Smitirupa has done her B.E in Mechanical Engg. from IGIT Sarang, Odisha. Also, She has awarded her master degree (M. Tech) and Doctoral degree (PhD) from IIT Kharagpur. She has around 6 years experience. She is interested in doing research in Vibration, System Design, Railway Vehicle Dynamics, and Rail-wheel contact, etc.
Google Scholar :
Dynamics in Railway vehicles, Multibody Systems, Contact Mechanics, Tribology and Natural fiber.
Faculty Incharge of Mechanism, Kinematic and Design Laboratory
1. Pradhan, S., Samantaray, A. K., & Bhattacharyya, R. (2018). Prediction of railway wheel wear and its influence on the vehicle dynamics in a specific operating sector of Indian railways network. Wear, 406, 92-104.
2. Pradhan, S., & Samantaray, A. K. (2018). Integrated modeling and simulation of vehicle and human multi-body dynamics for comfort assessment in railway vehicles. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 32(1), 109-119.
3. Pradhan, S., Samantaray, A. K., & Bhattacharyya, R. (2019). Multi-step wear evolution simulation method for the prediction of rail wheel wear and vehicle dynamic performance. Simulation, 95(5), 441-459.
4. Pradhan, S., Samantaray, A. K., & Bhattacharyya, R. (2017). Application of semi-Hertzian approach to predict the dynamic behavior of railway vehicles through a wear evolution model. Journal of Friction and Wear, 38(6), 437-443.
5. Pradhan, S., Samanta, B., & Samantaray, A. K. (2020). Influence of active steering with adaptive control law on a metro rail vehicle wheel wear and dynamic performance. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 34, 1415-1428.
6. Pradhan, S., & Samantaray, A. K. (2019). A Recursive Wheel Wear and Vehicle Dynamic Performance Evolution Computational Model for Rail Vehicles with Tread Brakes. Vehicles, 1(1), 88-115.
1. Pradhan, S., Samantaray, A. K., & Bhattarcharyya, R. (2017). Evaluation of ride comfort in a railway passenger vehicle with integrated vehicle and human body bond graph model. In ASME 2017 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. American Society of Mechanical Engineers Digital Collection.
2. Pradhan, S., Samantaray, A. K., & Singh, C. P. (2019). Study of Dynamic Behavior of Active Steering Railway Vehicles. In Machines, Mechanism and Robotics (pp. 441-452). Springer, Singapore.
3. Naik, P., Pradhan, S., Sahoo, P., & Acharya, S. K. (2020). Study of mechanical behaviour of raw and chemical treated bio-filler composites and its effect on moisture absorption. Materials Today: Proceedings.
4. Naik, P., Pradhan, S., Sahoo, P., & Acharya, S. K. (2020). Effect of filler loading on mechanical properties of natural carbon black reinforced polymer composites. Materials Today: Proceedings.
5. Pradhan, S. & Samantaray, A. K. Evaluation of Ride comfort in railway vehicle due to vibration. In 13th International Conference on Vibration Problems, 2017.
6. Pradhan, S., Samantaray, A. K., Mohammad & S. Singh, I. Forced steering control with estimated wheel wear. In Proceeding of International Symposium on Speed-up and Sustainable Technology for Railway and Maglev Systems 2015, November 10-12, 2015.
7. Pradhan, S., Menezes, A., Samantaray, A. K. & Bhattacharyya, R. Performance Evaluation of Steering Bogies on Various Tracks. In International Conference on Theoretical, Applied, Computational and Experimental Mechanics, December 27-29, 2014.