Ambesh Kumar is working as Assistant Professor in KIIT, Bhubaneswar since Dec. 2017. He graduated in Mechanical Engineering in the year 2010 from WBUT, Kolkata. Subsequently he pursued M Tech degree in 2012 from NIT, Durgapur. After that he obtained his PhD degree from IIT Guwahati in Machine Design specialization. His research area includes Structural Vibration Control, Composite materials, Finite element analysis , etc. He has several SCI international journal papers against his name.
Google Scholar :
Structural Vibration Control, Mechanics of Composites, Finite element analysis.
Faculty Incharge - Library, SAP activities. Co-FIC - CAE lab.
Awards & Honours
Recipient of Institute Gold Medal in M Tech degree
1. Kumar, A., Panda, S., Kumar, A., & Narsaria, V. (2018). Performance of a graphite wafer-reinforced viscoelastic composite layer for active-passive damping of plate vibration. Composite Structures, 186, 303-314.
2. Kumar, A., Panda, S., Narsaria, V., & Kumar, A. (2018). Augmented constrained layer damping in plates through the optimal design of a 0-3 viscoelastic composite layer. Journal of Vibration and Control, 24(23), 5514-5524.
3. Panda, S., & Kumar, A. (2018). A design of active constrained layer damping treatment for vibration control of circular cylindrical shell structure. Journal of Vibration and Control, 24(24), 5811-5841.
4. Kumar, A., & Panda, S. (2017). Optimal Damping in Circular Cylindrical Sandwich Shells With a Three-Layered Viscoelastic Composite Core. Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 139(6), 061003.
5. Kumar, A., & Panda, S. (2016). Design of a 1-3 viscoelastic composite layer for improved free/constrained layer passive damping treatment of structural vibration. Composites Part B: Engineering, 96, 204-214.
1. Kumar, A., & Behera, R. K. (2019, November). Passive Constrained Layer Damping: A State of the Art Review. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 653, No. 1, p. 012036). IOP Publishing.
2. Behera, R. K., Akhtar, S., & Kumar, A. (2019). Prediction of Eigen-frequency of Stiffened Sandwich Composite Plates Using Finite Elements. Materials Today: Proceedings, 18, 5292-5299.